At Japan Airlines, it is recognized that a true test for service delivery is exceeding customer expectations during
operational irregularities. Unfortunately, unforeseen events can and do occur. Please be assured that procedures
are in place to meet these challenges to the best of our abilities in order to minimize your inconvenience.
- We ensure there are adequate resources to execute the plan.
- We commit to provide timely information regarding the status of any delay. Updates, including the cause of the
delay, will be offered from scheduled departure time and every thirty (30) minutes thereafter.
- If the aircraft is at a gate or other disembarkation point with the door open, passengers will be informed every
thirty (30) minutes of the opportunity to deplane (if such a prospect exists).
- When a flight encounters a lengthy delay on the tarmac at our U.S. airports:
> Passengers will be provided with operable lavatory facilities.
> If needed, our staff will supply urgent medical assistance at any time.
> Two (2) hours (*) after flight departure from the gate or touchdown upon arrival at US airports, customers will
be offered snacks and potable water.
Note: (*) Unless the Pilot in Command determines that safety/security considerations preclude such service.
> The aircraft will not be allowed to remain on the tarmac more than four (4) hours after flight departure from the
gate or touchdown upon arrival (+) at a US airport before allowing passengers to deplane.
Note: (+) Unless certain safety/security related issues preclude the Pilot in Command from bringing the aircraft to the gate, or
Air Traffic Control advises the Pilot in Command that returning to the gate would significantly disrupt airport operations.
- The plan has been coordinated with the appropriate airport authorities, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
and the U.S. Transportation Security Administration.
- Please keep in mind that for code share services, contingency plans of the operating carrier will apply.