This service is to apply for JAL International Upgrade Award upon check-in at the airport on the day of departure. This service can be used when a seat is available in the next higher class of service than that of the purchased ticket.
JAL International Flights
The following flights are excluded.
A JMB member who flies on the flights specified above using his or her own miles.
- Code-share flights operated by partner airlines
- ※Ineligible flights are subject to change without prior notice.
Required mileage also may be deducted from the account of applicable relatives, only when they present their JMB cards at the airport and request the mileage deduction.
Same as normal upgrade awards.
Not applicable to any Upgrade campaigns with less required mileage.
- Not applicable when next higher class of service is fully booked at the time of check-in.
- Advance application for this service will not be accepted. You must request this service on the day of departure even if you have been put on the waiting list for the upper class of normal upgrade award up until one day before departure date.
- Please apply for this service at the airport where your flight will depart. When using the through check-in service, please request this service at the airport where your requested upgrade flight will depart.
- Required mileage for an upgrade award will be deducted at the airport counter.
- The number of seats available for an upgrade award may be restricted. You cannot use this service when in-flight meal is in shortage and is not loaded.
- Mileage pool of JALFC(JAL Family Club) members will be automatically applied and miles will be deducted in order of expiry date of mileage. Mileage cannot be deducted separately from separate accounts.
- For other conditions of use, JMB “JAL International Upgrade Awards Rules” will apply.